Features: Free from Aluminium, Parabens, Triclosan, Talc, TEA, DEA, FD&C Colours and much much more!
Why make your own? What’s wrong with store bought?
Next time you go to put deodorant, do me a favour and read the ingredients list. Among other things, you may see Aluminum, parabens and a whole host of ingredients you could not even attempt to pronounce. Aluminium is often added to deodorant because it is an antiperspirant. It blocks sweat ducts, but humans are naturally meant to sweat! Aluminium is a neurotoxin, meaning that repeated exposure can cause neurolological diseases such as Alzheimer’s. There is also evidence to suggest that it has carcinogenic effects in the body, with some research showing that it can promote breast cancer growth. Regular deodorants contain a whole host of other harmful ingredients, with aluminium being just one of them. Thankfully, you can buy chemical-free deodorants, but they are often quite pricey. I prefer to make my own, as it is simple, easy and effective!
Who can use this?
If you think that individuals who don’t do strenuous, sweaty activity are the only ones who can use this, think again! I know many men and women who are regular gym-attendees and often sweat it out, who benefit greatly from using this deodorant!
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup baking soda (strained)
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 15-20 drops of your favourite essential oil*
*I use Wild Orange Essential oil, because I like the fresh, citrusy aroma that it has! It also works well as a fragrance for both men and women.
1. Use a fork to mix semi-solid coconut oil and sifted baking soda in a bowl.
2. When well combined, add sifted tapioca starch and blend together well.
3. Add 15-20 drops of your chosen essential oil.
4. Use a pea to jellybean sized piece of the paste on each underarm and rub in like a lotion every time you need to use it!